6 Things to Know: Monday, Sept. 9
It’s Monday, Sept. 9 – here are the 6 Things to Know:
1. Police are looking for the people responsible for vandalizing several cars in southwest Miami-Dade. It happened at around 5:30 a.m. Saturday at the Westchester Point Condominiums near SW 8th Street and 84th Avenue. Surveillance video showed the alleged thieves scoping out the parking lot.
2. Police are looking for the suspect who shot and killed a 21-year-old employee at an assisted living facility in southwest Miami-Dade over the weekend. The shooting occurred at the facility on Southwest 172nd Terrance and 110th Avenue.
3. The death toll stands at 43 in the Bahamas after the devastation of Hurricane Dorian. NBC 6 anchor Carlos Suarez reports from Nassau with the latest on the ground.
4. Dozens of dogs rescued from the Bahamas are arriving at Palm Beach County’s “Big Dog Ranch Rescue.” About 60 dogs were put in crates and loaded onto boats.
The aircraft, a 1961 Cessna 210 Centurion, was bound for Savannah, Georgia, when it departed at around 6:30 a.m., according to the Federal Aviation Administration in Miami.
6. Monday morning will be warm and muggy with partly cloudy skies and an isolated shower or storm. Temperatures will be in the mid 80 degrees Fahrenheit. In the afternoon, a beach breeze will develop along with partly cloudy skies and highs in the low 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Check Today’s Forecast.